I remember watching this movie once in which this woman watches her husband get scalped and then she looks at the T.V, and this actor says "i know there's something out there for me" and she says those words to herself. She leaves her husband's body on the floor and starts believing that the actor who said those words was her true soul mate and starts off on a quest to find that guy. I never went through the length of that movie. it got boring after that.
Scalping, for those of you who don't know, was a method used to torture people, in which an incision was made, on the forehead of the victim, using a knife or a blade, from one end to the other. Then they would grab the hair and pull the scalp backwards, ripping the flesh off of the skull. Pretty gruesome.
Anyway, skinning is similar but slightly different. In skinning, the slice off parts of your flesh. I remember watching a Dexter episode in which Dexter's sister's boyfriend was skinned. There were rectangular slabs of skin missing from his back.
That night, i had a horrible dream.
My dog, was in my back yard. And there was this creature, an invisible force perhaps, that kept lashing him. He'd also been skinned in patches. The wounds were fresh. Blood dripping from them. And every third second, he'd be lashed, and a new, bleeding wound would appear on his back. He was howling in pain. Trying to run away but he couldn't. He was tied up. And I ran to him, trying to untie him, trying to stop the lashings, it didn't work. I was crying, and the salt from my tears was burning him. But I couldn't stop.
Then i watched him die again. The way he did two years ago. I watched him die. It was painful enough the first time 'round. Don't know why i had to go through it again. I woke up at 4:30am, pouring my eyes out. My guts screaming with agony. And then i went back to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment