In every breath and every minute, we were constant, relative to each other.
Every moment was ours. We were a team.
Though I am complete and content, things we did together seem incomplete now.
As though they have lost their lustre; as though they are no longer palatable.
There is a vacuum beside me, in the most beautiful and satisfying moments.
Leaving a bitter after taste, that makes me cringe at the thought of existing in those moments without you. Except that memories are dynamic and living and vibrant. And I must live in them, so long as they live in me.
To exist without you would mean to consciously rip the memories down the middle, where you and I entwined.
We're not a team, anymore. My heart stops at the idea of ever going through those experiences with anyone other than you. Or even alone.
When we meet again, we won't be the same. I have nightmares of looking into your eyes and wondering who you are, and why you're so familiar.
Time and space are infinite. They're big, massive, dark nothings. They've swallowed giants and kingdoms whole.
I've been in this place once; 6 years later I'm here again.
Watching you walk optimistically into a never ending abyss of nothingness,now. You say we'll always know where to find each other, but will we really? The universe is constantly expanding, almost as fast as our minds - before you come to find me, will you know where to find you, when the time comes?
Every moment was ours. We were a team.
Though I am complete and content, things we did together seem incomplete now.
As though they have lost their lustre; as though they are no longer palatable.
There is a vacuum beside me, in the most beautiful and satisfying moments.
Leaving a bitter after taste, that makes me cringe at the thought of existing in those moments without you. Except that memories are dynamic and living and vibrant. And I must live in them, so long as they live in me.
To exist without you would mean to consciously rip the memories down the middle, where you and I entwined.
We're not a team, anymore. My heart stops at the idea of ever going through those experiences with anyone other than you. Or even alone.
When we meet again, we won't be the same. I have nightmares of looking into your eyes and wondering who you are, and why you're so familiar.
Time and space are infinite. They're big, massive, dark nothings. They've swallowed giants and kingdoms whole.
I've been in this place once; 6 years later I'm here again.
Watching you walk optimistically into a never ending abyss of nothingness,now. You say we'll always know where to find each other, but will we really? The universe is constantly expanding, almost as fast as our minds - before you come to find me, will you know where to find you, when the time comes?
No comments:
Post a Comment