It's weird you know. I talk. A lot. And while I realize that many people talk a lot, talking is essential for my survival. Seriously. I've learnt that most of my break-throughs, emotional break-throughs, philosophical break-throughs, intellectual break-throughs, any kind actually, happen when i talk. Those who know me will know that I tend to come up with several theories. Some make sense, some, not so much. But I’ve come up with each theory while I was having a conversation. Most often, with myself, but a conversation nonetheless.
I am a very emotional person. Although I try not to show it. And sometimes I can be the most understanding person, while at other times, I could be like a wall you want to bang your head against. But I find out more about myself when I talk. I talk to people about what I feel and about what's going on in my head and while I'm talking, I tend to further understand my own thoughts and emotions. A person very close to me once said that empathy is a word whose meaning I do not know. And I was quite taken aback by that statement because I always thought I was very understanding, but as I think about it now, this person was probably right. Like I said, in certain cases, I'm very understanding. I don’t even have to think about it. It just comes naturally. While in other cases, I’m blank. Not that I don’t want to understand but I’m just unable to.
I still try.
Point is, talk. It helps you learn and it helps you grow and it helps you feel more and feel better. And you don't necessarily have to talk to others, just talk to yourself.
By the way, studies show that the one person that an average person talks to the most in his lifetime is himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment