Saturday, August 26, 2017

Context.

Sometimes we get so attached to the idea of ourselves within a certain context, that one can't help but feel a little lost when our point of reference is taken away.

Who am I, if I am not a friend or a doctor or somebody's partner or lover?
If I think of myself as an empathetic person, who am I if there is no one to be empathetic towards?
If I spend my whole life studying to be a healer, who am I if I don't have the opportunity to save lives?

When most things that define me, are my reactions to people, situations and places. What remains when there is only me, and nothing to react towards?

Is that the ultimate liberation? Is it worth anything at all?

Because when everything that has a conscience and the ability to be self aware, is dead and gone, I am nothing. Is that why animals live so simply? Is that how we were supposed to live? Has self awareness done us any good, or has it simply given us an incentive to hurt and destroy?

Would the world have been better if there were no reference points and everything just...was?

No comments:

Post a Comment