First year of college, I had a roommate. I wasn't too fond of her, or the whole concept really. So my roommate shifted out and I got to keep my room. I've had the same room for four years now and this might be weird to process - my room is one of my closest friends. But we'll get into that some other time.
You know how they say a person's true self comes out when they're alone? All their dark tendencies and the creepy crawlies that they can't show the world? Well, it's true.
When there is no one around you to hold you accountable, and no one knows what you did - it's like a secret life you lead, that only exists in your mind. So technically, it doesn't really exist.
My dark side came out over the last four years of living by myself. I get more privacy in this room than I do at home. I have seen the monster within me. She refuses to wear pants, pajamas are as far as she'll go. She spends hours mulling things over or getting lost in the world of netflix. She sleeps a lot and drinks a lot of coffee. She often forgets to eat meals or keep track of what day it is. She writes a lot, mostly by hand. And every once in a while, she does ten squats in the name of exercise.
So uninspired, even when I'm not afraid of being judged. Yuck.
You know how they say a person's true self comes out when they're alone? All their dark tendencies and the creepy crawlies that they can't show the world? Well, it's true.
When there is no one around you to hold you accountable, and no one knows what you did - it's like a secret life you lead, that only exists in your mind. So technically, it doesn't really exist.
My dark side came out over the last four years of living by myself. I get more privacy in this room than I do at home. I have seen the monster within me. She refuses to wear pants, pajamas are as far as she'll go. She spends hours mulling things over or getting lost in the world of netflix. She sleeps a lot and drinks a lot of coffee. She often forgets to eat meals or keep track of what day it is. She writes a lot, mostly by hand. And every once in a while, she does ten squats in the name of exercise.
So uninspired, even when I'm not afraid of being judged. Yuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment