Monday, February 15, 2010

Ahh.. the games we play!

So, I'm not talking about monopoly here. My friend Chuts and I, were texting the other day. And I decided to play a little prank on someone who I don't like very much. So I had chuts tell him that I thought he was hot. He fell for it, just as I predicted, before I could even blink. So a little flirting here and there and this guy thought he was getting lucky. How unimaginably desparate. It's valentine's eve. I get a random call from some number, someone claiming to be Akshay Kumar, from the 10th grade, in my school. First, asking me to go out with him, then requesting me to go out with him and finally begging. I figured it was a prank. So I ripped at him and eventually hung up for I for one, am not really a huge fan of talking to strangers at 2 in the morning. Next day this guy i was "flirting" with the day before, texts me. And somehow, during this "casual" getting-to-know-each-other-session, the only thing he seemed to be interested in was my love life. And when I said that I was single and happy. How i felt, rather learnt from my past relationship that while it feels amazing to be with someone you care about and someone who cares about you, a relationship puts too many restrictions in your life. I feel that at this point, in my life atleast, i'd like the liberty to think how i want to, to be who i want to be and to do what i want to do, without feeling like i am answerable to someone. His only interest, after this little lecture on why i was single, was to restore my faith in love. Ha! So eventually when i realised that i'd played along enough, i stopped texting and asked Chuts how to get out of it. Chuts said he'd read a couple of messages that LoverBoy here had sent to one of his other friends. Chuts told me to stay away from him, "his intentions aren't good". I replied saying i was going to ignore him anyway. The next day Chuts and i met in schoo, i.e today. And as we spoke we figured out that the number i got a call from the night before, was probably LoverBoy's. So, I sent a text saying "what's up ****?". LoverBoy, completely freaked out, asked Chuts if he'd spoken to me and told me that he had an extra number. Chuts replied "i havn't spoken to her in a bit. She didn't even come to school today". Trying to get his head around the situation, i got a reply from the random number saying "who is ****?". Later, LoverBoy texts from his own number, claiming that the other number was of a close friend of his, which surprised me a bit, taking into consideration the fact that his so called "friend" hadn't ever heard his name. LoverBoy was clearly in a fix, and as the events played out, he ended up calling himself a b*stured. Weird. Eventually, as Chuts spoke to him, acting as though he was unaware of the texts we had exchanged, as LoverBoy read them out to him (which i had read out to him an hour ago). Chuts figured out that the phone was indeed with LoverBoy's friend that night. So, by the end of it, we had not one, but two people who we freaked out. GO Chuts!! So yeah.
On a more serious note, last night the movie "message in a bottle" was coming on the WB chanel. I was so excited, for some reason unknown to mankind. I'd read the book, but as i saw the movie in bits and peices, i realised that even though there wasn't anything particularly wrong with the movie, i just disliked it for the fact that, when i read the book, i had this magestic image in my mind, of what the people would look like, and how the events would take place. In the movie however, the characters and the imagery didn't live upto my expectations. So my advice, no matter how nice the movie is, read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment