With the new C.C.E system in place, life is so darn hectic! I mean, we're constantly on our toes; and to be honest, it's sad. Not because we have to work more and not because of all the MCQs we have to study for, but for the simple fact that we don't have time to live. I'm not trying to sound melodramatic, but think about it. We are so busy with which assignment do I have to submit tomorrow and which test are we having next Monday! We are almost as busy as people with jobs, constantly hurrying to meet deadlines! And i know this will sound cliche but, we don't have time to be kids anymore! Our parents say, "now days, kids grow up so fast" or "when I was your age, I used to play hide and seek", but fact is, we don't grow up fast by choice, we grow up fast because we have no other choice! The amount of pressure being put on us and the work and projects and extra curriculars and sports and sucking up to the teachers and what, with all the expectations! There's just too much pressure. Can't blame us! Point of all this? Well, in this whirlwind of activities, we don't notice the small yet important things in life. The things we enjoy. The things we're passionate about. The things which mean the most to us. For example, a few days back, on the 16th. I noticed the date seven times. For what? "I have to submit my physics worksheets" and "I have to get my french notebook" and "I have my history test". On the 17th i realised "damn yesterday was the 16th". The significance on this date? Well, exactly a year ago, I took my dog for a walk to Lodhi Garden. His last walk. A week later, we had to put him to sleep. Epilepsy. On the 23rd. 10:13am. It was sad. As some of you can imagine. Also, the 16th was the day that the downfall started. I gave Arsenal a lecture on how we mustn't be dependent on anyone to be our pillar of strength. And he got worried "but you'll always be there right?". "of course I will, but in case I'm not" i said. "why wouldn't you be there?". "well, people change, and sometimes, people grow apart. we might not be together sometime, and at that point, I need to know that you'll be okay on your own". He freaked out. He thought I was trying to tell him something he didn't want to hear. But i wasn't. I was just trying to tell him to be strong, for himself. But it worked. 9 months later when we broke up and I tried to convince him that i didn't mean it, he said "you did. You meant it back then and you mean it now".
That's one of the biggest problems I have, you know. People misunderstand me, more often than not. And I get into so much trouble because people don't get what I mean. Sometimes it's because i take a while to get my point across, and most of the people i know don't wait to listen to the whole thing. So they listen to half of it, form an opinion, and we fight. It's annoying. Don't know whose at fault. Probably, both the parties involved.
Anyway, point is, it is important to pay attention to small things, like calling up your Dad while he's at work and asking him what he had for lunch, or calling up your great-grand mother to ask her how she is. And seriously, just go to your bedroom and put on your favorite playlist and just, relax. Then realise you've got crap loads of work to do and panic! But those 3 minutes of relaxation are priceless! :D
Lets just hope i remember what the 23rd is! -.-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you talk sense, sallu
ReplyDeletehey, i'm supposed to be anonymous so please, sylphyr
ReplyDelete